The Afro Chronicles

Sisters.....Yaadies....... Natural Hair Addicts

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ACV ( apple cider vinegar ) Rinse

Ok... so I was a little skeptical about doing this. When I first read about the rinse on forums I thought these women are crazy for putting VINEGAR in their hair! so I heard that it helped with cleansing the scalp, giving shine etc... but I was still pretty skeptical.


Well the other day my sis and I were doing a little shopping and she came across this:






I was like NOOO, but she picked it up anyways and washed her hair with it the moment we got home.....let me tell you, when she walked into the room I almost gagged! ugh it was awful! the smell....... and on top of that, it didn't really do much for her hair. I thought to myself "ha! you should have listened to me and left the vinegar right where you found it!"


But curiosity got the better of me , I picked it up off her table and decided what the hell! it must be good if other naturals talk about? ( that is not how I normally think! what works for others may not work for you) so I mixed some in a little bucket, I don't even know how much I mixed in, I just poured until I was satisfied! (yeah not good) I think it was 50/50....


OMG THIS STUFF IS GOOD! it made my curls POP! and my scalp feeling GREAT! love it!! it realy cleansed my scalp without making it feel like all the natural oils have been stripped away like shampoo normally does.

Verdict: I will definitely be adding ACV Rinses to my routine! just have to figure out how to get rid of the smell...










2 comments:

  1. use about 1 oz of ACV and 7 oz of warm water. Then rinse while in the shower. work it thru your hair, then rinse lightly after. the smell will be alot less..and go completely away when it drys. i do this once a month.

    You can even add a few drops of essential oils to the rinse if you like. Rosemary, Lavender, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thanks! I was using a whole lot of the stuff! I will try the essential oils though....

    ReplyDelete

We Natural Sistas LOVE Your Comments!

Curly Nikki

Curly Nikki

Hairlista

HAIRLISTA INC.

Quote

MON: Spotlight
TUES: Random Posting
WED: Product Reviews
THURS: Hairstyles
FRI: Feature Friday!

WE POST WHEN WE CAN!

Vote For Us!

Top Sista Blogs

Our Product Wish-List!!!!

  • Nubian Heritage Line
  • Henna
  • Shea Moisture Line
  • Aussie Moist Line
  • Aubrey Organics Line
  • Bed Head Moisture Maniac

Products That We LOVE!

  • Organics By Africas Best Leave-In
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive OIl Hair Spray
  • La India Hair Creme
  • Purelene Styling Gel
  • Tresemme Product Line
  • Ayana Herbal Product Line
  • Lavender Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Coconut Oil

Beads, Braids, And Beyond

Happy Girl Hair

Natural Hair Beauty

Powered By Blogger

Curly Nikki Forum

Curly Nikki Forums

intagram

Instagram

Networked Blogs

Facebook Badge

I've Got Good Hair

The Good Hair Blog

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Twitter Update

Video Widget

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

Get In Touch

Template Information

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Social Media

BlogHer.com Logo

Black Girl With Long Hair

BGLH Badge
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 The Afro Chronicles, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena