The Afro Chronicles

Sisters.....Yaadies....... Natural Hair Addicts

Monday, August 6, 2012

Deep Treatment #2 (29th July, 2012)

Hey guys, This is my second deep treatment and I have to say.... it was a disaster.

I shampooed first with a V05 clarifying shampoo then put in the deep treatment.


The Deep Treatment:

 I mixed egg with my V05 Free Me Freesia and it was disgusting.  (It looked like cottage cheese) It was all watery and lumpy. I put it in my hair left it in for a few hours ( I smelled sooo raw -_- ) maybe I didnt put enough conditioner in the mixture.... ( I didn't take a pic of the mix)

Then I used ACV (Apple Cidar Vinegar)

OK, this was where it got tricky. I washed out the deep treatment then did the ACV rinse. My hair still had egg in it and it smelled horrid! I had to shampoo again to get it all out ( complete disaster) I shampooed my hair twice with a clarifying shampoo ( it was the only one I had) and the ACV is a clarifying agent itself so I clarified like three times!

Moving on.....


I put in my Aloe Vera gel and twisted my hair bigger than I normally do so that I can pin them up and tuck in the ends. My hair felt softer even after triple clarifying but next time I'lll have to mix the aloe vera gel with something else like the Kimmaytube Leave-In to give me some definition ( I looked like I had dreads)

You see the white stuff, Thats egg! I was still picking it out while I twisted my hair!

The gel I used, it has citric acid in it, great for ph balance.

 A quick length check....looking good!
 The citric acid in the aloe starting to clump up my curls
 It did not come out right but i"ll get it next time





Final verdict: I will never use egg in my hair again! it is the second and last time! and the first time wasn't even better than the last!. BUT... my hair does feel better than it normally does. I'll be trying oil rinses next to help with the single strand knots. Catch you next time!


























0 comments:

Post a Comment

We Natural Sistas LOVE Your Comments!

Curly Nikki

Curly Nikki

Hairlista

HAIRLISTA INC.

Quote

MON: Spotlight
TUES: Random Posting
WED: Product Reviews
THURS: Hairstyles
FRI: Feature Friday!

WE POST WHEN WE CAN!

Vote For Us!

Top Sista Blogs

Our Product Wish-List!!!!

  • Nubian Heritage Line
  • Henna
  • Shea Moisture Line
  • Aussie Moist Line
  • Aubrey Organics Line
  • Bed Head Moisture Maniac

Products That We LOVE!

  • Organics By Africas Best Leave-In
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive OIl Hair Spray
  • La India Hair Creme
  • Purelene Styling Gel
  • Tresemme Product Line
  • Ayana Herbal Product Line
  • Lavender Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Coconut Oil

Beads, Braids, And Beyond

Happy Girl Hair

Natural Hair Beauty

Powered By Blogger

Curly Nikki Forum

Curly Nikki Forums

intagram

Instagram

Networked Blogs

Facebook Badge

I've Got Good Hair

The Good Hair Blog

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Twitter Update

Video Widget

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

Get In Touch

Template Information

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Social Media

BlogHer.com Logo

Black Girl With Long Hair

BGLH Badge
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 The Afro Chronicles, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena