The Afro Chronicles

Sisters.....Yaadies....... Natural Hair Addicts

Monday, April 8, 2013

Featured: Natural Sista


Hey Curlies Meet Courtney Claire



1) How long have you been natural and what make you do so? Also, How do family and friends react to your hair?
I've been natural my whole life, but damaged my hair 1.5 years ago by bleaching my hair to a honey blonde colour. So I did a big chop on August 2, 2012 and been in transition to healthy hair ever since. 
Most people love my hair (before the big chop and after). For awhile I got some negative comments about why I didn't just process my hair but too many positive comments about my curls kept me from doing that. 


2) What do you like about being natural?
I love my curls and hair texture. And all the funky hairstyles I get to try out that processed or straightened hair cannot do.


3) How would you describe your hair? (loose/tight curls, waves, 3b-3c 4a-4b, if you know,etc...)
I have type 3c hair with tight curls

4) What products do you use to maintain your hair? (please be specific, thank you!)
I use a variety of products as I am still searching for the right ones for my hair. The main ones are:

- Mixed chicks Leave-In Conditioner & sulfate free shampoo (recently trying)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (80-100% organic)
- African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Moisture Intense leave-in conditioner 
- Organics Hair Mayonnaise and Olive Oil Deep Treatments by Africa's Best. 
- A variety of natural oils (argon, jojoba, olive and grapeseed oil)



5) What is your hair care routine? do you co-wash? (conditioner only) how often do you co-wash? do you blow dry or air dry? etc...
My hair care routine involves a 3 day wash/cleanse cycle. 
Starting on Wednesday with an apple cider vinegar root cleanse and co-wash with my mixed chicks leave-in conditioner. After the wash I apply a mixture of my organics hair mayonnaise with my
Moisture intense leave in conditioner and rinse. Before styling or anything else I apply the organics olive oil deep treatment. 
On saturdays I rinse my hair with a bit of the mixed chicks leave in and reapply only the organics products mixed together.


I detangle once every 2 weeks (counting from saturdays) with a wide tooth comb

I haven't applied heat to my hair since I cut it in august, so no blow driers :D


6) What are your favourite styling products?
My favourite products would be the natural oils and the organics products, they leave my hair smelling all kinds of scrumptious. LOL. People even tell me they could eat my hair.


7) What is your best kept hair secret?
Best kept hair secret would have to be that I've found a way to pineapple my hair to keep my curls. I look all kinds of crazy but my curls last forever when I do it. 

8) (Please finish the sentence) My natural hair is beautiful because....?
My natural hair is beautiful because I stick to my regime. If I'm trying a new product and my hair doesn't feel good I immediately stop using the product until I think its safe. 

9) Is there anything else you would like to add?
Natural hair seems like a task to people who don't have it. Don't let them discourage you from going back to your proverbial roots. Take it from someone who has had it their whole life. Yes, It takes some time getting used to but once you do it an easy road from there. Just be willing to put in the work to learn and you'll enjoy it. :) 























0 comments:

Post a Comment

We Natural Sistas LOVE Your Comments!

Curly Nikki

Curly Nikki

Hairlista

HAIRLISTA INC.

Quote

MON: Spotlight
TUES: Random Posting
WED: Product Reviews
THURS: Hairstyles
FRI: Feature Friday!

WE POST WHEN WE CAN!

Vote For Us!

Top Sista Blogs

Our Product Wish-List!!!!

  • Nubian Heritage Line
  • Henna
  • Shea Moisture Line
  • Aussie Moist Line
  • Aubrey Organics Line
  • Bed Head Moisture Maniac

Products That We LOVE!

  • Organics By Africas Best Leave-In
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive OIl Hair Spray
  • La India Hair Creme
  • Purelene Styling Gel
  • Tresemme Product Line
  • Ayana Herbal Product Line
  • Lavender Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Coconut Oil

Beads, Braids, And Beyond

Happy Girl Hair

Natural Hair Beauty

Powered By Blogger

Curly Nikki Forum

Curly Nikki Forums

intagram

Instagram

Networked Blogs

Facebook Badge

I've Got Good Hair

The Good Hair Blog

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Twitter Update

Video Widget

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

Get In Touch

Template Information

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Social Media

BlogHer.com Logo

Black Girl With Long Hair

BGLH Badge
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 The Afro Chronicles, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena